Wednesday, October 8, 2008

SIDE! Part 2

Since I am limited to 5 pictures per post, this is the follow up to the first "SIDE!" post. These are the better pictures, if I may say so myself.


She has such a good time playing outside that I often feel bad about making her come inside. But I have a new method - bring the camera outside. She got so annoyed with me being all up in her face that she actually asked to go back "side." I said, "you want to go inside?" and she said, "Yeah." And went in without a fight.


And while I know she's getting taller, I'm curious as to how tall she's getting. Becuase I was just saying to someone the other day, "I'm SURE she's on the curve now! Maybe only in the 20th or 30 percentile, but I'm sure she's on the curve!" Then I remember that she's still wearing clothes for a 12 month old. At 21 months. Yeah, she's getting taller, but I must be delusional to think that she can still wear 12 month clothes and be tall enough to be on the growth curve for a 21 month old . . . .


In this next picture, she's waving a branch with leaves like she's leading a parade. It's a parade of one, but it's still a lot of fun!


And in this next picture, she wants me to let her in the car so she can play. This started when I was mowing the front lawn - I would put her in the car and roll all the windows down, knowing that she was in a contained space while I was mowing. So now she loves to play in the car. She'll play with the rear-view mirror, turn on my hazards, lock & unlock the doors, and jump from the front seat to the back seat. And while I'm glad it's a safe place for her, it is more than a little annoying to listen to her whine all the way home because she's in her car seat, then the minute the car is off, she wants to play inside the car. Needless to say, I didn't let her play in the car after dinner. I let her play in the car for about 15 minutes when we got home. The neighbors are likely horrified that I throw my kid in the car and then go off to mow the lawn. They don't need to see her playing in the car twice in one day!



Hope you enjoyed the photos. I'm trying to get a video of her dancing. For those of you familiar with Seinfeld, she's started to dance EXACTLY like Elaine Benes. It is hysterical and must be shared. If I can get her on camera, that is.

No comments: