Bree is doing great at the day care. It's a bit frustrating for her to not get so much outdoor time, but Jenna does her best. Bree has started to notice school buses. And she's learned that they are yellow. Whenever she sees one, she says, "Ook, Mommy! Skoo Bah!" And I say, "What color is the bus, Bree?" And she replies, "Yelloooooooow!"
There is a bus driver in Jenna's neighborhood, and they park the bus at their house before and after school. When it arrives after school, Bree can see it from Jenna's living room window. And she spends the rest of the afternoon squealing at the yellow "skoo bah!" She also points and says, "I see it! I see it!" It's actually very cute, but after 30 minutes I just know that Jenna is wishing that she'd move on to something else. But this girl loves her school buses.
In the picture above, you can see a book called "Puzzling Shapes" and it was given to Bree for her birthday last year. It's a Baby Einstein book, and Bree really started getting into it about two months ago. She started bringing it to Scott and saying "Girkle." Which is how she says "circle." It took Scott a few minutes to put it all together when she first said it, but she remembered the circle shapes from the book. There's also a Baby Einstein video with the same lion in it, and that's also about shapes. It took me a while to figure out that she was saying "lion" when I heard "liennn." It's very close, and I wasn't expecting her to put two and two together and come up with "lion." But she did.
Bree has started playing this new "game" where she has me go into a room, and then she'll shut the door, and then she'll start to cry. I'm not really sure what this is all about. Unless she's putting me in a time out and is remorseful. It's really bizarre and I really wish I could figure out what it's about.

So I was finally able to get a picture of her smiling, even though it involved getting down on the floor and tickling her. Her shirt was actually blinking, but I guess I just couln't get it on film.

So I was finally able to get a picture of her smiling, even though it involved getting down on the floor and tickling her. Her shirt was actually blinking, but I guess I just couln't get it on film.
Bree & I are up watching It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown. I really should put her to bed, but it's taking longer and longer to get her to bed. Ever since she realized that she could get out of bed under her own power. So she's been staying up until about 9 - 9:30. Often I go to bed just so I can get her to bed. This is going to be a challenge: she's just like her Daddy in that she wants to stay up all night because she doesn't want to miss a thing. But she's just like her Mommy in that she loves to sleep in. This is problemmatic because I have to try to wake her up in the morning, and she wants nothing to do with it. I am able to get her to sleep some nights by rocking her to sleep. It take me 30 - 45 minutes, but I can do it if she's tired enough. We tried this tonight, and I finally gave up when I heard Charlie Brown came on. I love the Peanuts cartoons and thought that Bree would too. And of course she did.
So I'm going to go try to put her to sleep. I have some more photos that I'm going to put up tonight, but not sure if I'll get to it. Wish me luck!
No comments:
Post a Comment