Saturday, October 4, 2008

Learning to Share

Bree is at the stage where she's learning about pretending, and she's having a lot of fun with pretending to share her drinks with her toys.

In this next picture, she's sharing her water with Elmo. Luckily, Elmo can stand on his own two feet and so he's not getting water poured down his (imaginary) gullet. Lucky Elmo!



Dolly, unfortunately, gets doused with water frequently, because she can only lie there and take it. Poor Dolly.

Bree loves to share - and we do this in order, actually. Usually, the order is: Beary, BlueBeary, Elmo and Dolly. She has a lot of fun with this. Until I get tired of her toys being drenched in water, then I have to be the mean mommy and put an end to it.

Now it's Beary's turn to drink some water.

Bree gets distracted pretty easily (duh, she's 21 months) and so Beary gets drenched early on.

I'm not sure if I've ever mentioned how much she likes the Lawrence Welk show. It's on Saturday nights at 7, on PBS. We usually have it on, because Bree likes all the dancing and singing. Hey, who doesn't? Anyway, in this picture, she's riveted to the screen because someone is singing and dancing. I think it was the fellow who tap dances. Anyway, it's fun to see how much she enjoys it - I remember watching the Lawrence Welk show as a child, too.

Oh, and, if you can't tell - I got a new memory card for the camera! (Thanks, Mom!)

No comments: