Friday, October 31, 2008

Sick Day

On Thursday I got the call that Bree had gotten sick at daycare. So I went to pick her up. Bree has done this frequently - just thrown up for no apparent reason. Other than the fact that she can, I guess.

Of course, she was fine after she threw up, so she had the rest of the afternoon at home with Mom, and could tear up the house as best she could. I give her an A+ for effort, by the way.


Of course she would NOT take a nap, and by 6pm, everything was the worst offense in the world and she would not stop crying. So I took her in her room, started rocking her, and she was asleep in 30 seconds.

I thought she might be down for the night, but she woke up around 7:15, had a little bit of dinner, took a bath, then had some milk and was on the couch when I took these pictures.

Elmo, or at least the Tickle Me Elmo variety, is not very cuddly. He's actually very stiff. But Bree tries to work with what she has, and will snuggle Elmo as best she can. She also likes to put a pacifier in his mouth. He has to be 100% horizontal for this to work, though. Otherwise it just rolls right out of the side of his mouth like he's drooling.
You'll also note that Blue Beary is in the picture and not Beary. Well, Beary was missing. Beary was last seen at around 4:00pm on Wednesday. S/He went missing somewhere in Miss Jenna's house, and it was a very bad car ride home on Wednesday. Bree sobbed the entire way home. Miss Jenna turned their house upside down on Wednesday night and continued on Thursday, but Beary was nowhere to be found. Bree continued to be upset. Blue Beary continued to be a very poor substitute.

Poor Blue Beary. Can't get any love from Bree. She prefers an Elmo that is as stiff as a board. But I am happy to announce that Beary was found on Friday. Beary magically appeared with Bree at some point during the day. Crisis over!







1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad the little munchkin was feeling better in time for trick or treating.