Sunday, October 19, 2008

Car Trouble

Bree loves to play inside the car. She will whine and cry all the way home and can't wait to get out of her carseat, and then all she'll want to do is play inside the car.

Letting her play inside the car was a great way to keep her occupied when mowing the front yard. She's in view, and she can see me (or Daddy) and she's perfectly content.



Last Tuesday, though, when I went out to start the car, it wouldn't start. I woke up Scott to see if he could give the battery a jump, and it turned out that my jumper cables were bad. So he went off to WalMart to get a new set. Once we had the new cables, my car started with the jump. Thank goodness!


But that's when we realized that we couldn't let Bree play in the car anymore, or at least I had to do a better job of turning everything off when she got out of the car, because she turns on every electrical function possible. Thus, draining the battery.


As you can see, Bree is turning on my hazard lights. She loves the sound that they make. She also loves playing with the rear view mirror and flipping on the heater. Oh, who am I kidding? She loves anything with a button, switch or lever!



I'm sure that this means she'll be predisposed to road trips just like her parents. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey, I'd meant to write before I left. As I speak I'm sitting in the the waiting area in Dubai Airport talking to Neilesh of all people.