Saturday, October 11, 2008

Helping Daddy Make Pizza

So, Bree always wants to help make meals. I'm not sure if this is just because she's interested, or becuase she's always been up on the counter whenever I'm in the kitchen. When she was younger (less mobile) it was convenient to put her up there with a toy and just let her hang out.

But those days are long gone - she's got to be right there in the middle of the action.

Luckily for her, Scott has more patience for this than I do. But, just so you don't think that I'm the total Mean Mommy, when we get home (during the week) it's usually around 5:45 and she needs to eat by 6:00 or she melts down. So I'm interested in getting dinner on the table as fast as possible. I don't have the energy or the patience to indulge her in helping with dinner.

But like I said, Scott has more patience for this than I do. And when he made dinner last night, Bree helped him make the pizza.


She is very intent with her task of stirring. It's very serious business. Because it's PIZZA!



Because Scott willingly lets her help, she doesn't scream or throw a tantrum when he tells her that now it's time for Daddy to give it another stir.



The pizza, by the way, was one of Scott's best. Bree is learning from the master, anyway. I figure as soon as she can reach the counter by standing on a stool, I'm going to let her make dinner. Yeah, every night if she's up to it.

That's why they say, "be careful what you wish for becuase you just might get it?" Yeah.

No comments: