Friday, July 10, 2009

Bree & Beary

After our morning at the Botanical Gardens, we had lunch at the Silver Diner. For their kids' meals, they give the menu & crayons in a cardboard car. Bree wasted no time in making this Beary's "ride."


Beary had a great time cruising around the table top. It is difficult to keep Bree occupied when going out to eat. Our window of opportunity is about 45 minutes. Anything longer than that is just a disaster and it is not a pleasant experience for anyone. Silver Diner generally does a good job at getting us in and out within 45 minutes.

In the next picture, you can see me shushing Bree because she was getting really loud. I guess it was cute for the first 10 seconds or so, but after that . . . . I worry about other people getting annoyed. You know, I know those looks as we walk through the restaurant, "pleasepleaseplease don't seat the rowdy child near us . . . pleasepleaseplease." (Incidentally, I got the same looks when we boarded the plane last year when we went to Kansas City.)



She can charm the waiter/waitress with little difficulty, which is always helpful. So far, we have not had the same experience as Marc & Nina, who got comped a free meal because Nina was so darn cute, but I'm working on it. :) But, truth be told, Nina was a bit older when she got her free meal as a result of being so darn cute, so there is hope still.

No comments: