Sunday, July 26, 2009

The Beach

I've often thought it very sad that I've not taken Bree to the Oceanfront. Then I saw what she did when she saw the water and all of a sudden I didn't feel too bad anymore. The girl runs headlong into the water, stopping only when a wave knocks her over.

She's been a better listener, so I decided to take her to the beach today. By myself.


I would have to call the trip a success. She left the water when she was too cold, and she played with her bucket & shovel close to the blanket, just like I asked. We went back into the water several times, followed by playing in the sand, and playing on the kid's playset/playground.

She didn't want to leave, but she was tired and only put up a half-hearted fight. I did laugh, though, when we were walking down to the water and one woman turned to her husbad and said, "Watch that little one, she has NO fear of the water. You'll hear her laughing, just watch."
Now it's on to more mundane things, like grocery shopping & laundry for the rest of the day.

1 comment:

Amy said...

I'm so glad!! Wonderful news, on a number of fronts. :)