Saturday, November 29, 2008

Zoo Lights!

Bree & I went to DC for Thanksgiving and had dinner with our dear friends Amy & Greg. Bree loves Aunt Amy & Uncle Greg's house - they have FISH. And cable, which means Noggin, Sprout, Disney & all other channels that we don't get at home.

On Friday we had tickets to see Zoo Lights at the National Zoo. If you're in the DC area, I highly recommend it. And if you have a very active toddler, you can do what we did and start at the bottom and let your toddler run all the way uphill to the Connecticut Avenue entrance. It was a delighfully evil plan and it worked marvelously! Bree ended up sleeping all the way back to Chesapeake that night!

Currently, Bree notices pumpkins, and points out every house that has a pumpkin out front still. There's also an episode on one of her shows that has a pumpkin, and she squeals with horror and delight when the little girl pig runs into her daddy's prized pumpkins. So she's very aware of pumpkins. Which makes this first picture all the more relevant.


The next picture is of Bree sitting on a bronze statue of a bear, but when she saw this picture, she started grunting because she thinks it's a pig. Well, I'm not sure what to tell her, because I know why she thinks it's a pig. Anyway, it was great of Amy to take these pictures of us.


Today we/I raked leaves and then went to get Bree a new winter coat. Walmart, bless them, is still having good sales today, even though yesterday was their big day for sales.
And tomorrow, I clean. The fun never ends here at our house, I'll tell you that! :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We were going to go last night, but the people we were going with ended up getting sick.. so we ended up going to the one at Brookside gardens instead.

You need to let us know the next time you're up.