Saturday, November 15, 2008

An Explanation For The Insanity

Contrary to these pictures showing a very happy girl, Bree has been, shall we say, a challenge these past few weeks. So challenging that Scott surprised me with a trip home this weekend to give me some relief in dealing with Bree.

Turns out, Bree is cutting her two year molars. They have now broken the surface, and had it not been for Bree's daycare provider asking me if possibly Bree was teething, I would have been completely unaware of the event. Drooling? Missed it. Fingers in mouth? Chalked up to not being interested in her pacifer. Being whiny, clingy and generally driving me insane? I assumed it was a preview of the upcoming Terrible Twos.

Now that the top teeth have broken the surface, she seems to have gotten some relief. Or, it could be that I finally got clued in and started giving her Tylenol. Either or.

We've had rain in the area for the past five days, and it has left some very tempting puddles. When we were outside today, Bree started jumping in the puddle at the end of our driveway. I saw no harm in it becuase it was only water, it was almost 70 degrees out, and she was having such a great time.


The next picture is funny because her pants are literally falling off. Finding pants that fit are a challenge. The length of an 18 month sized pant is fine, but the waist is too wide. The waist of a 12 month sized pant is fine, but they're inevitably too short. So she's either got droopy drawers or high waters.



Bree played in the puddle for about 15 minutes. Then I couldn't take any more and went in to get a towel. But she had a good time, and that's what matters most.



These next pictures were taken a few days ago, but I just didn't have time (or the inclination) to post to the blog. Bree loves the baskets that I have around the house. Maybe one day she'll be interested in finding out where they came from and how they got in our house, but for now, she just wants to wear them on her head.




I'm sure that the person who wove this basket in Uganda could never have imagined that it would end up on the head of a toddler who saw it as nothing more than something really cool to put on her head.





I actually took some video of the puddle jumping and I'll try to get it uploaded. It's definitely a must see for Bree Watchers. :)



No comments: