Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Weekend in DC - Fall Edition

So, I'm trying to upload pictures to accompany this post, and I am unable to. I get an error message every time I try. We'll see if I can eventually get this to work.


Scott has been working in DC, which is, I know, ironic, since that's where we moved from only 18 months ago. This is a great opportunity that could result in a greater long term opportunity, so right now this makes sense. Even with that being said, it still stinks that we only get to see Scott on the weekends, and sometimes only once or twice a month.


This past weekend, Bree & I went up to visit Scott. We had a great time. The weather was great, the facilities at Walter Reed were excellent, and we got to spend time with Scott.


Walter Reed has a wonderful playground - and since it was the weekend, it wasn't crowded. Bree got to run around to her heart's content. And we encouraged this, of course, all in the name of wearing her out!


Near the playgound is a picnic area in a park-like setting, complete with a koi pond. In this first picture, Bree is leaning in, looking at the fish.




Bree is very possessive of her daddy when she's around him. She displays this possessiveness in two ways: screaming his name whenever she can't see him, and crying when he tries to leave the room she's in. The first she did in the cafeteria at W.R. when he went to get an extra fork and some extra napkins. The second she did at the place we were spending the night. Bree wouldn't let Scott leave the room. She was keeping close tabs on her daddy!




We had dinner with our friends Amy & Greg, who took us to the best pizza place south of NY/CT that we've ever come across. (I'm STILL talking about how good it was!) Bree had a great time, but also had a difficult time calming down for dinner. Scott took her outside where she literally ran around the block.


And blogger is preventing me from uploading any more pictures, so I'm giving up for tonight!


Bree & I left DC on Sunday after lunch, and Bree slept almost the whole way. (Whoo hoo!) It was a great weekend for all of us.


Our next trip to DC will be for Thanksgiving - another visit to see Amy & Greg!

No comments: