Wednesday, November 12, 2008

A Day In The Life

Bree's independent streak started rearing it's fierce little self months ago. And it's grown stronger and stronger. She has to do everything by herself, and wants to help Mommy with everything I'm trying to do. Including posting blog photos.

Interestingly enough, Bree wants me to watch her play. She'll take me by the hand and lead me into her bedroom, just so I can watch her jump up and down on the bed, or play with various toys she pulls out of her toy box.

In this next series of photos, Bree is playing with the vanity set that Zach and Jenna (okay, mostly Jenna) gave to her. My role was to sit and watch her, and provide encouragement.



My role is also to laugh at Bree when she's acting funny. Which is often. In this next photo, she's growling at her reflection in the mirror. What's not funny about that?


I like that she can pretend play, even if it's pretending to be a monster. She's catching on to "hiding" and will tell me that she's hiding as she covers her head with a blanket.


Bree continues to be fascinated by wearing her bathrobe. Why this is such a big deal, I'll never know. But I do have to bring her diaper and her pyjamas out into the living room and sneakily dress her while she's watching her "shows."


This last picture is proof that she IS her Daddy's girl. As if we needed any more proof, right? This is all that remains of her Chex Mix snack. Just like her Daddy, she turns her nose up at pretzels.


We're having sleep struggles right now - or I should say, I'm not fighting it anymore. All it does is get both of us upset. So, she can stay up until she drops, or until I go to bed. If it's later than 9:30 (as it has been for the past few nights) then she'll take a good long nap at day care. I'm really hoping that this is just a phase. Part of my reluctance to reinforce bedtime is because Bree has started making herself throw up "on demand." Whenever she gets upset and wants to avoid bedtime or naptime, she'll throw up. Good times! So yeah, I'm not into power struggles over bedtime. I mean, yeah, I'd love it if I could get her back to her 8 o'clock bedtime, but I'm not going to get her so upset that she throws up over it.

So I'm off to try to get her to sleep. It's 10pm so I'm going to bed too! Sometimes it's the only way she can get to sleep . . . .

No comments: