One night, I kid you not, she climbed up on my shoulders while I was sitting on the couch. Just like a little cheerleader doing a shoulder stand! The fun part, of course, was falling backwards onto the couch.
If I'm reclining on the couch with my knees "up" she'll stand on those, too. It's often annoying to be her jungle gym. But it can be fun if I can wrestle her down to the couch and tickle her silly.
Bree is starting to speak in 3 and 4 word sentences. "I see a bus!" is a phrase we get a lot in the morning. "What's that noisy?" is the newest question. "I do it!" is new, too.
+038.JPG)
Bree is having some difficulties at day care with a younger child. Bree is showing some jealousy towards Alyssa who is 13/14 months. Alyssa is a cute little girl with little blond pig tails. She's also smaller than Bree. I don't think that Bree is used to smaller, cuter creatures. When we arrive in the morning, Alyssa will come over to say hello and Bree will hold out her hand to indicate "stop" and she'll say, "NO Lyssa! MY MOMMY!" I assure Bree that Alyssa does NOT want me as her mommy, she just wants to say hello. Bree has had time outs and some corner time for being rough with the baby. I'm hoping this is just a phase because I don't want Bree to be a bully.
+037.JPG)
Bree is just now getting into Dora the Explorer and The Backyardigans. We've gotten some videos from the library and she's really enjoying them. She loved to dance like the Backyardigans and sing their songs. (Which is a lot of "la la la la la aaaaaah") Barney has replaced Elmo as the leader in heavy rotation. Thanks to Grandma & Pappa, we have three more Barney DVDs for the collection. Yay! (I've been trying to wean her off YouTube.)
+036.JPG)
With Grandma back in Michigan, Bree & I are getting back into our solo routine. When Bree asks where Grandma is, I tell her that she's home with Pappa. Bree tells me "no, Grandma airplane!" So apparently Bree thinks that Grandma is flying the friendly skies until we see her again. I recently read an article about how toddlers are very literal, so I'm sure that's exactly what Bree thinks.
Bree is having some difficulties at day care with a younger child. Bree is showing some jealousy towards Alyssa who is 13/14 months. Alyssa is a cute little girl with little blond pig tails. She's also smaller than Bree. I don't think that Bree is used to smaller, cuter creatures. When we arrive in the morning, Alyssa will come over to say hello and Bree will hold out her hand to indicate "stop" and she'll say, "NO Lyssa! MY MOMMY!" I assure Bree that Alyssa does NOT want me as her mommy, she just wants to say hello. Bree has had time outs and some corner time for being rough with the baby. I'm hoping this is just a phase because I don't want Bree to be a bully.
Bree is just now getting into Dora the Explorer and The Backyardigans. We've gotten some videos from the library and she's really enjoying them. She loved to dance like the Backyardigans and sing their songs. (Which is a lot of "la la la la la aaaaaah") Barney has replaced Elmo as the leader in heavy rotation. Thanks to Grandma & Pappa, we have three more Barney DVDs for the collection. Yay! (I've been trying to wean her off YouTube.)
With Grandma back in Michigan, Bree & I are getting back into our solo routine. When Bree asks where Grandma is, I tell her that she's home with Pappa. Bree tells me "no, Grandma airplane!" So apparently Bree thinks that Grandma is flying the friendly skies until we see her again. I recently read an article about how toddlers are very literal, so I'm sure that's exactly what Bree thinks.
These are the last of the photos for a little while - my camera/Scott's camera finally gave up the ghost and bit the dust. (Nothing like mixing up two metaphors there, huh?) I'm trying to research different options and hope to have a new camera within the next few weeks. So until then, this is it.
Unless, that is, I can lead my parents through the process of attaching photos to e-mails, in which case I can share the ones of Bree on Easter day, enjoying her new bouncy house.
No comments:
Post a Comment