Well, my computer finally crapped out about two weeks before Christmas. And while I'd like to say that's the sole reason I haven't updated this blog in a few weeks, it's not. I've had a touch of the lazies.
I took Bree to Busch Gardens' Christmas Town one weekend day. It was open from 3 to 10, and the day we went was clear, but very very cold. I really enjoyed it. I couldn't get Bree interested in seeing Santa at all. But we did enjoy the beautiful lights and the fun of Christmas Town.

When we were leaving, I asked her if she had a good time. She said, "Well, I had more fun at that party at the house." Duly noted. Next year I'll save myself the cost of admission and the drive!
Bree was very excited for Christmas this year. But the closer we got to Christmas, the more upset Bree would get whenever I bought presents for other people. I tried to explain to her that she was going to be getting lots of presents, but she didn't really understand. She was so upset, she cried all the way home from the store after we bought some Christmas presents one day. I just couldn't seem to get her to understand that it was fun to give other people presents for Christmas.
Bree woke up at 7:30 on Christmas morning, wondering if Santa had come. So she ran out into the living room, and the first thing she saw was the big gift bag with princesses on it. Santa got Bree a Radio Flyer Scooter that was pink! with pink flowers! And that just started the present bonanza.
This year Bree got lots of Barbie dolls, puzzles and games. You can see her above ready to play "Don't Break the Ice." She also got Candy Land, Chutes & Ladders, Connect Four, Hi Ho Cherry-O, and Princess Yahtzee. We put away Chutes & Ladders and Connect Four because so far, Bree's favorites are Don't Break the Ice and Hi Ho Cherry-O. I've played every day since Christmas! (Hint: I may be good, but I'm no match for a cutthroat 4 year old. She's ruthless. And shameless about cheating.)
As for the Barbies, Bree likes to swim with her Barbies. So they are perpetually naked, and littered throughout the bathroom. So they're ready to swim at A MOMENT'S NOTICE. She takes two baths a day on the weekends. One thing she likes to do with them is synchronized swimming - yes, Kathy, really! :) One of her favorite shows on PBS is Fetch! with Ruff Ruffman. It's like a game show with kids as contestants, and they have to complete different challenges. On one episode, the contestants had to learn synchronized swimming. It really made an impact on Bree, because she has quite the synchronized swimming events going on in the bath tub!
Bree was able to try out her scooter and her coaster car on Christmas Day. Then it started snowing that night and didn't stop until we had 13 inches of snow on the ground. So then we had fun in the snow!
To add insult to injury, my camera's batteries died, so I was left with my cell phone camera to capture Christmas & Birthday 2010. Yes, I forgot to buy batteries before Christmas. There's only so much my brain can fit in there during the holidays. Something's going to get missed. Okay, a couple of things got missed. I kind of forgot to get cake for Bree's birthday. I know. I KNOW. All she wanted was chocolate cake with pink frosting. I even went to the store on Christmas Eve with the specific intention of buying chocolate cake mix. PURCHASE FAIL. I got home and realized that I had forgotten it completely. But I DID get stocking stuffers. CANDY WIN.
I tried to make a chocolate cake from scratch, but it did not turn out well at all. Bree ate the frosting off her cake and left the rest. I will definitely be buying chocolate cake mix EARLY next year. (It's on the calendar already. For November.)
We had a very nice holiday season and I hope that yours were great as well. I did buy batteries but haven't yet put them in the camera. (see what I mean about the laziness?) I'm getting around to it. Soon. :)


1 comment:
I'm going to teach her some sweet synchro moves the next time I see her!
Post a Comment