As Woody from Toy Story would say, "Well pull my string! It's October already?" We got Toy Story from the library and we've seen it well over a hundred times already. Okay, maybe not. But at least twice a day since last Saturday. Hmm, guess that makes it only 16 times. Well, it seems like a hundred. Bree likes to quote dialoge from the movie. She gets this trait directly from her Daddy. However, Scott knows better than to expect me to respond with dialoge from the same movie. Bree expects me to know every word and will correct me if I get it wrong. I will never belong to SAG, that's for sure. Bree, though . . . . only time will tell!
Today we went to a local farm that hosts seasonal events. This is the first time we've been to their Fall Havest Fair. There was a pumpkin patch, a petting zoo, bouncy houses & slides, pony rides, a hayride and carnival rides. The weather was beautiful - a great day to be outside. We met our friends Miss Andi & Sophie there, too.
Bree was most excited about the hay. Of course she was! It was like she had been dying to get out her inner barnyard animal.
In a pure stroke of genius, the organizers had put a huge hay pile in the middle of a field. Just bales of hay. Stacked about 5 bales high, and maybe 10 bales wide. It was seriously the thing for all the kids to play on. Bree was no exception.
Since Bree loves horses so much, I decided to spring for the pony ride. Bree's pony was named "Blue." I asked the trainer/walker what Blue did when Blue wasn't giving pony rides, and the answer was "hanging out in the field and eating grass." That's a nice enough existence, I guess. :)
And of course I coudn't get Bree to smile while she was on the pony. At least not when I had the camera turned her way. She was all smiles when the camera was put away. The pony ride was actually a big hit.
Bree gave Blue some nice pats before we moved on to another activity.
There was a hayride and you'd have thought that we were taking Bree & Sophie to prison by their expressions. They actually liked it quite a bit.
There was also a petting zoo with baby goats. They were actually calmer than our dog, Sly. They were just hanging out, munching on twigs & tree stumps, letting little kids rough them up. Ha, just kidding - the kids were in awe of how calm the baby goats were.
Bree had a lot of fun wtih the baby goats.
We had a great afternoon. We'll probably go back next year. They have an event at Christmastime, but we'll see what's happening when that rolls around later this year.
1 comment:
I love how Bree is super serious in her photos. If you didn't know her in real life, you'd think she had a totally different personality than she really does.
Any chance you'll be up this way soon?
Post a Comment