Friday, October 29, 2010

Will She or Won't She? The Great Halloween Question

So, Bree has had a very naughty bone lately. Here's part of the e-mail that got sent to her Daddy, describing what was the Naughtiest Day In The History of Bree's Life, October 20, 2010:

Hey Cutie - so, I don't even know where to start with this e-mail. Other than that my mom was very cryptic when I called her this afternoon to see how the day was going. She said, "Oh, Bree is going to tell you about it herself." When I got home and asked Bree what happened today, at first she said, "nothing." Then she said, "I can't tell you, it's a secret." So finally I said, "well, I'll go see for myself." That's when she threw herself in front of me saying, "No! Mommy, No! Stay in here!" Ho boy.

Let me set the stage. My mom sent Bree to the bedroom to take a nap. To which Bree just screamed "NO! NO! NO!" to my mom. But my mom sent her to the bedroom, heard Bree get quiet, and then assumed that Bree was sleeping. When my mom heard a weird noise, she went to the bedroom to find out what was going on. Well, she saw that Bree had taken my clothes out of the closet and she was breaking the hangers. Then my mom saw her left hand. Which was bright pink from wrist to fingertip. She asked Bree what that was and Bree said, "finger nail polish." My mom got Bree out of the bedroom.

Here's what my mom didn't see:
1). The clumps of hair on the carpet, from where Bree cut her hair.
2). The big spot on the wall where Bree painted with nail polish.
3). The big spots on the floor where Bree painted with nail polish.
4). Bree's left foot, painted from ankle to her tippy toes with nail polish.
5). My shoes, which Bree painted with nail polish.





Wednesday night Bree was presented with the following: when I counted to 5, she didn't get to go Trick or Treating for Halloween. She was at #1 after her shenanigans on Wednesday.


On Thursday, Bree got #2 for being mean to the dog and not listening to me when I told her to stop.


We were doing okay until Sunday, when we were grocery shopping. Bree kept touching all the produce and poking at the meat packages. After being told several time to stop touching things, I issued the ultimatum: the next time she touched something, that was #3 and she was going out to the car. So what does Bree do? She walked down to the end of the aisle, put her hand on the shelf, looked at me, and in a sing-song voice said, "ha ha ha ha ha ha!" shaking her behind while doing it.


I temporarily turned into a cartoon character where my face turned beet red and steam came out of my ears. My head almost exploded at what a little stinker she was. I grabbed my purse and Bree, threw a "I'm really sorry, Mom" over my shoulder and headed for the parking lot. I don't know what Bree expected, but she wasn't expecting the reaction she got out of me. She screamed, "I WANT MY HALLOWEEN!" over and over and over. She sat in her seat in the car while I stood outside and cooled down.




Bree has been especially difficult this week, but she's not at 4 yet. I will say that it's looking good for her, because it is Friday night and she's still at 3. She's almost there! But can she make it? I don't know.


She stayed home with my mom on Wednesday and the only way my mom got her to take a nap was to threaten her with #4 and to sit on a chair in the doorway of her room until she fell asleep.


My leverage ends on November 1st. Then it will be all about being on Santa's "Naughty" list.


But stay tuned - I'll post pictures to let you know if Bree gets her Halloween or not. :)

2 comments:

Amy said...

Glad your mom is there for a bit, but sorry she's dealing with the fun! Oh Kelly. Great fun to read about though!!! xxxxoooo

grace said...

Oh my Lord. The visual of Bree singing "hahahahhha" and shaking her butt? I almost died.