Sunday, September 12, 2010

Muddy Puddles Redux

So today was a rainy day. It was very nice, actually, After so many hot days with thunderstorms, it was a nice change to have a cool, rainy day.


And Bree was ready for it. We've had rainboots for months and I think they've only been worn a handful of times.

Today she elected to jump in the puddles in the front yard. Which is actually just one small puddle but it runs the whole length of the curb in front of the house. It does get deep, though. Deep enough to really get some good splashes going.


And what's a little puddle splashing without dancing? Bree proves that just because you're jumping in a puddle, that doesn't mean you can't still get your groove on.



Our neighbor did some tree trimming this weekend. Bree was fascinated by the ladders, the chainsaws and the falling branches. Although this makes things safer for the power lines, I am under no illusion that this means I will have fewer leaves to rake in a few weeks. However much I wish that were the case, I am certain that I will have the same amount of leaves to rake up - if not more.




I am sure there will come a time when Bree will get sick from playing out in the rain, but for now, it makes her happy to play outside when it's wet. It wasn't too cold, so I didn't think it was a big deal.



Bree did put up a fight when I had her come inside when the mist turned to a steady rain. She had bath #2 for the day. If only Sly liked to play in the rain as much as Bree! I won't even list all of the things he got into today or the things he ate. (That he wasn't supposed to eat, that is.)


It is so rare to get a genuine smile out of Bree these days. Usually it's posed or she turns away when she sees the camera.
In other news - we started our new session of swimming lessons yesterday. Bree is the only child in the class, so she gets one-on-one time with the instructor for the whole 30 minutes. The instructor is also a girl, so Bree loves that. I think she'll be swimming in no time! It will be very hard for her to listen for 30 minutes straight, though. We'll see how this goes. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love that last picture. She looks so cute and animated... and stopped oh so briefly before she runs the rest of the way to the right.

Also... when do we get to see you again? Huh? Huh?