On Saturday we went to the beach. We had a wonderful time - it was actually the longest stretch of time either Bree or I had spent at the beach. But we took chairs, toys, books, coolers and settled in for a leisurely afternoon.
It was great to have other people help to occupy Bree. :) She had a great time playing in the waves. She would get chilly and then come back to the blanket to warm up. We went souvenir shopping after we were done at the beach, and Kathy & Wendy found some great stuff for their kids.
We hadn't anticipated spending the entire day at the beach - I just had a t-shirt over my bathing suit - but we found a nice casual restaurant at the oceanfront where we could eat outside.
It was so much fun to sit outside, engage in some people-watching, and just enjoy the nice late afternoon/early evening. When we got back to the house, Wendy & Kathy asked me if I had ever seen any of the Twilight movies or read any of the books. It was an interesting coincidence, because my friend Leslie had just sent me a bunch of books as she was moving to NYC and was culling her library to bare bones. She had sent me the entire Twilight series but I hadn't yet started reading them.
Kathy & Wendy were properly horrified that I hadn't yet been exposed to the series, and we watched the first movie on Saturday night. I don't think I could have enjoyed the movie as much without Kathy, Wendy & two bottles of wine. :)
On Sunday, we all went for manicures & pedicures after a nice lunch. The pedicures & manicures were all birthday presents to each other - Wendy had her birthday in January, I had mine in May, and Kathy had hers earlier in June.
Even Bree got polish on her toenails and fingernails. I wasn't sure if she'd sit still for it, but she sure did. She loved every minute of it. She is such a little girly girl - she loves all aspects of being a girl - lotions, potions, creams, lipstick, polish and perfume. She felt so special after her polish experience.
On Sunday night, we watched the second Twilight movie: New Moon. And darn it - they got me hooked on the series! I started to read the books and had them all finished in just over a week. (And I even got to see the third movie while I was in Kansas City - I was able to get away for a few hours by myself.)
We all had such a great time! I can't wait until we get a chance to do it again. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment