Saturday, August 14, 2010

So, About June . . . Visit to DC

I learned that a dear dear friend from high school was in DC for a short-term work assignment. Since she lives in Boise, ID, I rarely get to see her. I think the last time I saw her was on a trip to Boise in 2002. Bree & I checked Sly into the doggie hotel and we left for DC!




On Saturday we went to the zoo. We were there in time for grooming goats! Bree enjoyed this but didn't want to actually look at the camera when I took the picture.

It was a very hot day in DC, and very humid too. It was a nice day to be outside, though. We had a great lunch outside the zoo, at the Lebanese Taverna. Yummy! We finished up the zoo after lunch.


The place where my friend was staying during her assignment had a pool, and we were able to go swimming in the afternoon. A really great day. But the fun wasn't over yet! That evening, we met our friends Bill & Alyson and Caleb for dinner. We ate at a local shopping center that had a Lego store - where Bree & Caleb had an absolute blast playing with Lego swords & shields. Alyson showed Bree the "proper" way to handle her sword and shield. Bree was in business!


And while Bree & Caleb had a great time, Bill had an equally awesome time. :)

We had brunch on Sunday at a dim sum restaurant that I used to go to with Leslie & Marc. It had been years since I had eaten dim sum and it was really good. It would have been even better if Bree had eaten something, but she didn't even really want to try anything. I am pretty sure she knew that I'd get her Mr. Donad's on the way home. :)


We headed home after brunch, and wowza - I do not miss DC traffic AT ALL. It took us over 5 hours to get home. Sly had a great time at his doggie hotel. I will admit to feeling guilty that he might be thinking that we were "returning" him or something. He was happy to see us, but I do believe that he was happy to have a few days away from Bree's grabby little hands.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Our collection of swords keeps growing and growing. He just won himself a light up one from the fair today. That might say something about why we're teaching our friend's children how to be delinquents with weaponry as well. I deny everything.