Wednesday, April 28, 2010

April Round Up

Well, here we are at the end of April. Personally, I'm okay with that as April has been quite the challenging month. But, we've held up rather well:



I have been suffering since March with horrible allergies. This is the absolute worst season in memory. I went to the doctor's last week to rule out bronchitis - nope, just allergies. I was put on a new medication to help with the wheezing and coughing. Today I went back to the doctor's - blocked eustacian tube. Now I'm on a nasal spray and a decongestant. I'm really really really hoping that this really is just a bad allergy season and that it doesn't have anything to do with Sly. Yes, I'm allergic to dogs but have never had the same reaction to dogs as I do with cats.

Oh hai. I wuz NOT napping. Just resting my eyez.
Need moar energy to keep up with small, crazee person.

What else? In late March my computer stopped recognizing my operating system. Fried hard drive. I think I talked about that already - then two weeks ago my power cord mysteriously broke. Someone (*cough* SLY) chewed through the cord. Or perhaps Bree twisted it until it split - I don't really know and it doesn't really matter, since I had to get a new power cord anyway. So I was without computer access at home for another two weeks. But now we're fully operational again, no worse for the wear:


Bree has been quite the challenge to put to bed lately. I get called, "BAD Mommy!" for trying to put her to bed. Then she sniffs, turns her back on me and says, "Okay, you're not going to be my friend anymore. I'm not taking you to the castle for the party." Uh, okay.



We have a wedding to attend this Saturday. We actually have three weddings to attend between Saturday and mid-July. Bree thinks that all three weddings are Miss Katherine Lee's wedding. I keep telling her, "No, Miss Katherine Lee got married last November. We're going to Mr. Nick & Miss Sarah's wedding." For some reason, ONLY Miss Katherine Lee is getting married. Ever. Me? I would prefer NOT to relive that one as it ended up with me being bitten in the bum and Bree screaming bloody murder all the way to the car.


Interestingly enough, Bree thinks that getting married just involves dancing around in a princess dress. She asks me to marry her all the time. We'll see if she understands a bit more after this Saturday. Actually, she'll just think that getting married involves dancing around in a princess dress WITH CAKE. And really? Isn't that really the best part about the ceremony? Seeing the bride in her beautiful dress and then having cake? Right?!





We like to get DVDs from the local library. Bree is TOTALLY INTO a series called "Fireman Sam." It looks like it might be done by the same folks who do Bob the Builder (or "Bob Baker" as Bree likes to call him) but it takes place in Wales. Anyway, Bree is so into this series that her backyard playtime often involves her running around screaming, "FIRE! FIRE!" and then calling for Fireman Sam. So far, the neighbors haven't called 911 on us, but I'm sure it's just a matter of time. I've tried to explain to Bree that she shouldn't yell "fire" unless she actually sees one, but then she looks at me like I'm an idiot and says, "But I'm just pretending, Mommy." I can feel her eyes rolling as I walk back to the house.


Most of the time Bree is watching videos in the car on the way to & from work/day care. So I just hear the videos, I don't really ever watch them. So then out of the blue Bree will start talking about someone and I'll say, "Who?" and she'll sigh and say, "Elvis, Mommy. He wears a black coat and yellow pants on Fireman Sam." Like I'm supposed to know this? Actually, here's what I hear: "Alwish, Mommy. He wars a black coat and yewwow plants on Fireman Sam." And she has to repeat it about four times before I can figure it out. (And this was even before the eustacian tube blockage.) She is talking so much more but often I just can't figure out what in the heck she's saying.

So hopefully when we finish with April I'll finish with doctor visits and horrible allergy symptoms. And we should have fun wedding photos for you soon! Or at least a good story, if history repeats itself . . . .






3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Allergies have been plaguing us as well.

I absolutely love that first picture. What is she looking at?

And Bree Makes Three! said...

Bill - she's probably looking at the dog. Or something outside - that was taken in our kitchen by our patio door. Or she could be rolling her eyes at me. Take your pick! LOL.

Mrs Coleman said...

I got a shout out!! Woop woop! ;) Love it ;) Hope the wedding was a success!