We have to watch Elmo every day. Every. Single. Day. She'd watch her Elmo video nonstop if I'd let her. In fact, I think that for my sake I'm going to try to find a new Elmo video. Elmo's Adventure in Grouchland is fun, I'll give it that, but after seeing & hearing it for the thousandth time, I'm ready for something new. And if you've not seen this cinematic masterpiece, I'll tell you that you're missing Mandy Pantankin in his most dramatic role yet. And Vanessa Williams as the Queen of Trash is not to be missed! Bree doesn't yet appreciate their acting abilities, all she wants to see is Elmo singing & dancing. Hey, who doesn't?
We're trying again with coloring, since she does so well at it at daycare. I asked Jenna how she got Bree to actually color and not eat the crayons, she said, "well, I give her the pacifier if she starts eating the crayons." Brilliant! Why didn't I think of that?
Bree is starting to really adjust to the new daycare setting. Although she had some band aids on her arms when I picked her up earlier this week. I asked what happened, and Jenna told me that the dog will allow the kids to hold onto her tail and she'll drag them across the floor. But Bree tried it with the cat. Kitty cat did NOT like that, and scratched Bree.
Our neighbors on one side of us just moved out a few days ago. They had a son who was about six months younger than Bree - I was hoping that they would stay becuase Bree & Austin were just getting to the stage where they'd play together outside if we were all out there in the yard. They were good neighbors. The new person moving in is the son of the owners of the house, and he gets released from prison in September, and will be moving in as soon as he's released. Fun! Our neighbor Chris, who just moved out, is a policeman, so I asked if he knew what the guy was in for - and he said it was for domestic violence. Greeeaaat. But hey, it could have been a lot worse, so I hope that he turns out to be a good neighbor.
Maybe you've noticed that Bree is getting a bit more hair? Very exciting times. Oh, and I learned that even if the pacifier is in the mouth, you still have to pay attention, becuase the next thing I knew, she had eaten the red crayon. We'll try again later with the crayons . . . . .
No comments:
Post a Comment