Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Kansas City - Post #2

This is a picture from Friday afternoon, when Grandpa was reading to Bree. Making up his own version of nursery rhymes, I'm sure!


Here is Uncle Scott, holding Bree while she checks out Kenna. (Kenna is the daughter of my cousin Ken & Sarah.) Kenna is 4 months old, and has deliciously chubby cheeks and a beautiful head of dark, soft hair.

(Left to Right): My Aunt Fran (Kenna & Karsen's Grandma) holding Karsen, my Dad, holding Kenna, and my Mom, holding Bree. The three great-grandchildren.

The reason for our trip was to help my Grandparents celebrate their 65th wedding anniversary. And as I look through my pictures, I realize that I have NO pictures from the church or the dinner. So you'll just have to take my word for it: Bree looked cute, as did both of her cousins.

I haven't been taking Bree to church, because the last time we went, we had to leave before the gathering song had been sung. I decided to wait until she was a bit older before trying again. So, when we got to the church, I had prepared everyone for the possibility that Bree & I would be spending the mass in the cry room. But don't you know that girl made a LIAR out of me! She was the sweetest angel for the entire service.


Dinner was at Bonefish Grill, and let's just say that Bree isn't yet ready for two hour dinners. But it was wonderful - we'll have to go back after Bree has learned (a) table manners; and (b) how to sit for longer than 5 minutes.

On Mother's Day Sunday, it was a lazy day spent at Great-Grandma & Great-Grandpa's house. My Aunt Fran came over and bravely let Bree play with her phone. Much like how Bree types crypic codes on our computers, she was typing in all sorts of interesting letters & numbers on my Aunt's phone.

I'm ready to activate the launch code to begin my world domination! Mwah ha ha!

Uh, Uncle Steven? You know that big hole I just ripped in Great-Grandma's table cloth? Yeah, if anyone asks, I DIDN'T DO IT.


And with that, I'll close this post and pick up in a new post.

No comments: