The result of Friday's weight check:
15 pounds, 3 ounces
25 inches long
Yay! The doctors are now convinced that Bree is growing, so I don't have to take her in every 6 weeks. Whew! But at this appointment, the doctor kind of let me know what she had been concerned about - saying things like, "well, I don't think she has dwarfism" and "if she were disproportionate I would recommend a bone age test" and "I don't think she needs to see an endocrinologist."
Wow.
I'm glad that I didn't realize that's what they were concerned about. You know, her pediatricians in Maryland saw her since birth, and they weren't concerned about her growth - they knew she was just small. And she's still small, and she'll likely always be small. But now at least this pediatrician believes it. Bree is in the 3rd percentile for height & weight, but her growth curve does show proportionate growth. The most important thing for me is being done with the six week weigh-ins. Bree's 12 month check-up will be in about another six weeks if you can believe that. I know I can't!
Thanksgiving will be a quiet day here. I just found out today that I don't have to work the day after Thanksgiving, so it will be wonderful to have a four-day weekend! Bree is developing a cough, so it will be good to have her at home for four days. I can get her to take naps at home, because there aren't any other kids here, and quite frankly, we have less interesting toys. (But I'm TOTALLY fine with that.) So she doesn't feel like she's missing out on as much when she naps at home. And the rest will do her good.
Update on the choppers:
5 teeth total: 2 bottom (old news), one top & canine (old news) and the other top center tooth. That one just broke through yesterday - finally. She's been having a tough time lately with all the teething.
AND the walking. She's starting to walk more than she crawls, but she gets frustrated. So everything annoys her at some point in the evening. That's when she goes to bed! (For the first time.) Ha!
Okay, my camera is still broke - forget about the cord, now I can't get it to open. I think it's bitten the dust. This means that I may or may not be able to show you pictures from Halloween. Bree was a flower, but the "petals" also bear an uncanny resemblance to an American Indian headress, so I guess she could be either. The costume was actually a fleece outfit that zipped like footed pyjamas, with the "petals" on the hood. If I can get a picture out of the camera, you know I'll post it.
Bree loved passing out the candy to the "big kids." In fact, even when the kids went to other houses, we had to sit outside and watch them. She did NOT want to go inside. She was more curious about the process than she was in the costumes on the kids. I could just see her mind working: "So, these kids walk up, hand out their bag, and my mom puts candy in their bags. Then they leave. Interesting." I think that Scott will go around with her next year.
And that's about it for now. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving, and safe travels to those of you who are traveling.
No comments:
Post a Comment