Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Baby Steps

So, an update on Bree. She has taken her first steps and is on her way to walking. I am SO NOT READY for this.


On the other hand, she's still eating paper. LOTS of it.



The only way I'm giving up this paper is when I'm asleep!



Proof that she doesn't always have a piece of paper hanging out of her mouth.


But really? More often than not, she's got a piece of paper either in her hands or in her mouth.



Bree has a total of four teeth so far - 2 on top & 2 on the bottom. We have a "weight check" on Friday. That makes her sound like a wrestler before a big match, huh? I'm hopeful that she's gained weight and that she's close to 15 pounds. We'll see.



Bree won't let us spoon feed her anymore - she has to feed herself. Which is great, because she eats what we eat. In fact, she wouldn't have it any other way. It's messy - especially when we have lasagna - but she's feeling so proud of herself. As I was telling someone the other day, she thinks she's a seven-year-old trapped in the body of a 10-month-old.



In other news, we're still getting settled in the new place. I was very pleasantly surprised to come home from work one night this week only to find that Scott had painted the living room & hallway with the paint I picked up on Monday. (Healing Aloe by Benjamin Moore) Such a wonderful surprise. Naturally, he did a fantastic job.


More to come later!

No comments: