Later on, Bree opened more presents. She actually opened them all day long, which made it nice because she got to play with everything as she opened it and then when she was ready to open another present, I had already cleaned up after her so it wasn't like the wrapping paper explosion of Christmas.
Grandma, Papa and Santa got Bree furniture for her room. Bree got a table and chairs, a book case and an organizer with drawers. After a bit of rearranging, we were able to get everything in there.
Along with the new table & chairs, I decided to move our desktop computer into her room so that she can play her computer games in her room. She doesn't have internet access, so she can't play her Sesame Street games in there, but she can play her Reader Rabbit games. I'll be honest with you, I never thought I would be fighting with my toddler over computer time. But yet, we do. Bree wants her games, and I want my e-mail and Facebook! I am under no illusions that Bree will sequester herself away in her room to play her games - not at age three. Her attention span is still only 5 minutes, max. But at least it's an alternative to her grabbing at the mouse while I'm working on the laptop.
After an afternoon of playing games and playing with all her presents, her Grandma and Papa wanted to take Bree to Chuck E. Cheese. It was not someplace I'd ever take her to by myself, so I was glad for the extra adults!
Bree had on her "Birthday Girl" t-shirt and we were ready to roll.
Bree did NOT care for the life-size Chuck E. Cheese - in fact, she tried to crawl under the table when he walked by and waved to her. Bree seemed to like the games and most of the rides. In this next picture, she doesn't look particularly thrilled by her ride on the pretend fire truck.
Bree did, however, LOVE the rollercoaster simulation ride. Which featured the Blue Streak and the Gemini from Cedar Point. So I was able to say that I had actually ridden on those rollercoasters! Bree was not that impressed, but she did have a good time on this one. She rode it several times, as a matter of fact.
Here I come, look out!
Bree did not put up a fuss about leaving chuck E. Cheese, which I was suprised and happy. We came home and had birthday cake and ice-cream. We picked up some princess plates, and as soon as Bree realized that there was more than one scene on the plates, she wanted her cake on one plate and her ice-cream on another. In this next picture she's playing with the wet wipe after she's eaten her fill of cake and ice-cream.
1 comment:
Hello Kelly,
Happy Birthday to beautiful Bree ! I love to read your/her updates on your Blog, and I am amazed the way you are keeping it updated, it is an excellent way to update everybody in real time. I could not expect anything less from somebody so technological like you... Mom and Dad say hello, we spent Christmas all together at their house eating, eating and eating, as usual. Marco is getting married to his long time girlfriend next May, we are all excited. She already moved in with him one year ago, we all believe they are very convinced to live toghether by now. Roberto is doing fine, even if busy with his mom that unfortunately is not doing well. We are planning few days vacation next week, maybe to the Alps to enjoy the snow, we got A LOT lately and we were not used to it, we want to take advantage. How are your Mom & Dad ? Sorry I am late with my Christmas Wishes, I planned to write you a card, then I decided to post a message into the Blog, at the end I run out of time and did nothing. But I am almost in time to wish Princess Bree a Happy Birthday (Buon Compleanno) and I surely am in time to wish you a very Happy New Year ! We are going to celebrate New Year's Eve with a couple of friends at their house at the mountain, with a nice long dinner (yes, again!). Then we will come back to our 2 cats Maggie and Potter who are quite scared by New Year's very loud celebrations...
Hope you are doing fine, but I am sure looking at your very very recent picture that Bree took of you.
Talk to you soon, miss you.
Love,
Cristina
Post a Comment