Sunday, December 13, 2009

Bree and Santa December 2009

Uh, in hindsight it was probably a bad idea to have Bree wear a white shirt. But, we had gone a day earlier to a different mall in the hopes of seeing Santa, but the lines were insane, so we passed. We tried again today and the wait was not that long at all.

Bree understands so much more about Christmas this year, and the threat of Santa bypassing our house because Bree might be on the "bad girl" list is suprisingly effective. Bree loves the fact that she has her own Birthday Tree but is not really making the connection of her birthday being the day after Christmas. That will come later, I'm sure.

Bree told Santa that she wants princesses this year. This could be anything from princess dresses, videos or the actual people. She just loves anything with a princess on it. Bree recently got a Barbie movie called "The Princess and the Pauper" which we have watched probably over two hundred times since we've gotten it. Bree likes to role-play scenes where she gets to play Princess Analeise and I get to play Erica. Today she actually said to me, "Mommy, I'm the Princess and you're the Pauper!" I had to laugh because yeah, that's the truth! :)

And role-playing so far involves holding hands and twirling around the living room with Bree screaming at the top of her lungs, "IN MY DREAMS I AM FREEEEEEEEEE!" It's the one line of one of the songs that she remembers. It's really amusing and if I can stop laughing long enough, I'll try to get it on video.

Okay, my future posts are going to be a bit out of order because I haven't yet covered Thanksgiving and the related photos and videos.

BTW - at the doctor's office on Wednesday: 24 pounds, 2 ounces. :)

1 comment:

Amy said...

Great news Kelly! She is so funny. Yes, I'm overdue with those posts too.... Someday, when someone gifts me more hours in a day. :)