Sunday, November 8, 2009

The Wedding

Bree and I were invited to a wedding on Saturday. I was very excited. It was the first "party" thing I'd been invited to in years. Or maybe it's better to say it's the first "party" thing I've wanted to go to in years.

Thanks to SophieKat and the amazing 2T collection, Bree had a party dress already!


The wedding was at a horse farm, and it was a gorgeous day. I was hoping that I'd get a lot of pictures of Bree. For the most part, I did!







Bree was very excited to see the horses, especially since they seemed to be so friendly!
















The horses were beautiful and friendly.










The story of our wedding experience is actually quite short. The ceremony started after 5pm and it was beautiful. Also a bit chilly, as it was outdoors and when the sun went down, the temperature dropped quickly. Bree is still mastering the art of whispering so it was quite the effort to keep her quiet. The promise of cake worked suprisingly well, actually. Plus, she was enchanted by the sight of the bride in her princess dress.

Once the ceremony was over, it was time for cocktails and hor d'oerves. But alas, I didn't get to have either one. Bree was so wound up that in the middle of running around, she came up behind me, wrapped her hands around my waist. and bit me on the butt. With enough excitement that it actually hurt. Since bad behavior is not rewarded with a party and cake, we left.
Once Bree realized that we were really leaving, she started screaming for all she was worth. "I'm DONE CRYING NOW!" followed by "I don't WANNA LEAVE the PAAAARRRRTTTTYYY!" and then came my favorite: "BUT WHAT ABOUT MAH CAAAAKKKE?!"



I should have known better. Really. Too much Halloween candy, no nap, and a party - just a little too much for her to handle. Or at least handle well. She hasn't bitten anyone (me) in months - and I think she was just too excited. But clearly she was a disaster waiting to happen. I never even got to congratulate the bride and goom.

I'm hoping that 3 for her will be better than 2 was. Otherwise, I might not make it until she's 4!





2 comments:

Fish Boys said...

Looove the picture with her bent down with the horse looking like it's going to give her a kiss!

Katherine Lee said...

At least you got some good pictures!! Thanks for making the drive for us :)