All of the results came back normal, except Bree is a bit anemic and I have to find a way to work in foods that are high in iron. Yeah, good luck with that. You don't exactly find these foods on the kids menus - and for a very good reason:
- Best Sources: Beef, lamb, poultry, veal, liver, portk, lima bans, navy beans, baked beans, pinto beans, kidney beans, soy beans, clams, oysters and molasses.
- Fair Sources: Enriched breads, noodles, iron fortified infant cereal, iron fortified hot & cold cereals, dark green leafy vegetables (spinach, broccoli, greens) dates, prunes, raisins, figs, dried apricots, peaches, prune/tomato/vegetable juice, eggs, and peanut butter.
We're working on it. I had to laugh when I saw raisins on the list. Anyone remember that Tim Allen routine where he talks about raisins & kids? "In a raisin, out a raisin! Why bother?" Indeed.
So, she gets chocolate ice cream for dessert some nights, chocolate pudding on others, or cookies. That's just to try to get her to gain weight. As for the foods high in iron - I've discovered that she'll eat beef if I drown it in A1 steak sauce. And she loves Arby's roast beef with Arby's sauce, so that's a good weekend lunch.
The following pictures are Bree's introduction to "licking the beaters." As an only child, she could possibly get both to herself - I had to share with my brother - but I think she'll have to share with ME. There's a shindig going on at work tomorrow and I volunteered to bring cake. Well, cupcakes.
Bree has also developed a fascination with balancing things on her head. I have no idea if this is typical behavior for an 18 month old, but from what I've read, they're working on fine motor skills at this age, since they've pretry much mastered the gross motor skills. So I'm assuming that other kids do this, I just don't know about it.
Here, she has one of her plastic play rings balanced on her head while she plays with her musical roller. She is quite the multi-tasker!
And in this last one, she's either singing along to Elmo, or the Doodlebops. She loves them both. She does, however, have a preference for "La La" (aka Elmo).
Bree is having a tough time adjusting to the new daycare setting, and I second guess myself every day that I leave her, screaming at Miss Jenna's house. Yesterday, Jenna told me Bree cried for an hour. AN HOUR. Man, I thought *I* had a tough time with change! Bree will not accept this willingly. She's putting up quite the fight. She also screams whenever other parents drop off or pick up their children. Nice. Now I've got "THAT kid."
And let's see - Bree has a temper, doesn't like change, and will never give up. Sounds like she got the best and the worst traits from her parents, yeah? That girl will never do anything the "easy way" that's for sure!
That's it for now. Hopefully I can get Bree to eat the good iron rich foods, and get her to gain weight at the same time. Cross your fingers for me, okay?
No comments:
Post a Comment