The following is an illustration of our 45 minute class.
"Yay! Time for class!" (5:30)
5:30 - 5:40 Introductions. No pictures, Bree is busy running around the gym.
5:45 - 5:55 Parachute Play
"Parachute play is my favorite!"
"I'm just waiting for the part where the kids get in the middle of the parachute and get taken for a ride! I also like the "slide" where they lift up the parachute and all the kids slide down into the center of the parachute!"
5:55 - 6:05 Free Exploration & Learning
"So, I have to tell you which color I'm going to jump on? I pick BLUE!"
"Here I GOOOOOO!"
"I knew I would make it."
"Yeah, I love this doughnut thing. I could spend the ENTIRE time here."
"These little colored dots are awesome to play with."
"Yeah, it's time for a little break."
"Oooh! Uneven bars time! I'm going to do a flip on the bar!"
"I like standing on the high bar. I have no idea why Miss Ann always wants me to give her a high five - first with my right hand, then with my left hand."
"This was fun but I want down."
"Time for another break."
"No! I don't WANNA try the balance beam. I don't WANNA do a forward roll. I am playing princess in the castle!"
"No, I don't want to go home! I don't want to do ANYTHING! I am just going to lay here and CRY. Go away, Mommy!"
6:05 - 6:10 Ball Time
"I like ball time. But I only want the purple balls, and I only want to roll around on the ball. Throw the ball? Kick the ball? Why would I want to do that? I might LOSE my purple ball! No, it's best if I just lay on it, that way no one can take it away from me."
"Time to put the balls away already? Not fair!"
6:10 - 6:15 Award Ceremony, Bubbles & Wrap Up
"Yeah, this is part of my class. Sophie wasn't here tonight. I like Miss Ann but not really any of these other kids. They always want to take my purple balls."
"I got an AWARD! Yay for me!"
Bree's next class is on Saturday mornings, which I think is going to work out much better. She won't be tired or hungry, and I won't be in the class with her - all things working in her favor! Plus, I actually get an hour all to myself! Whoo hoo! I can't go far, but at least I can go to other shops in the shopping center, or grab a cup of coffee and sit & read for a bit. It's hard to say who's looking forward to this next semester more - me or Bree! :)
1 comment:
You won't have known this, but her Aunt Amy's favorite part of gymnastics was uneven bars, and she quit gymnastics because of the balance beam. Never fear, this is not a gymnastics-friendly body, so it would have happened eventually anyway! Bree is much better proportioned for it that I was.
Post a Comment