Saturday, April 19, 2008

Outdoors Girl

Today was a beautiful day today, and we hit the park early so I could get as much outdoor play for Bree as possible. Bree actually cries when I bring her inside at the end of the day. She would stay outside all day long if I could let her.

So the first picture is Bree climbing on the playground equipment. Luckily for me, today there were other "younger" kids there - there are signs posted that the playground equipment is for children aged 2 - 5. Today, she climbed up the stairs and went head first down the slide. One of the other moms asked how old Bree was, and when I said "15 months" she said, "wow, she's, uh, fast down the slide!"



There's a volleyball area not too far from the playground equipment - you can see the playgound equipment in the background of this next photo - that doesn't currently have a net, just the poles and the sand. This was Bree's first experience playing in sand.


And of course she had to eat some, just to see if it was something she liked or not.


While it wasn't the worst thing she's ever eaten, she wasn't all that keen on putting more in her mouth. Thank heaven for small favors!


The only thing better than playing in sand is playing in sand with a big stick!


It's supposed to rain tomorrow so I think we'll just do the play area at the mall. Anything to wear this child out!

After the park, we ran an errand then went home for lunch and a nap. After the nap we took a long bike ride, played outside, and reluctantly went in for dinner. After dinner we went for a walk - okay, I pushed her in the stoller - and she still pitched a fit when I brought her inside. She stands at the front door and wails and wails and wails. Like her heart has been broken by her cruel, cruel mother who makes her come inside.

I'm going to say that's a Hughes gene. My genes are allergy-ridden and prefer the indoors.

No comments: